- 1 1/3 cups sliced green onions, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bay leaves, finely crumbled
- 1 small habanero pepper, chopped
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 (1-inch) slices fresh pineapple
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- calories 268
- fat 8.1 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 3.8 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 37 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 109 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 595 mg
- calcium 33 mg
How to Make It
Place 1 cup sliced onions, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, sugar, and next 8 ingredients (through habanero pepper) in a mini food processor; process until almost smooth. Pour mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Let chicken stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
Place pineapple on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill pineapple 6 minutes, turning once. Cool 5 minutes. Chop pineapple; place in a medium bowl. Add remaining 1/3 cup onions, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, bell pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to combine.
Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place chicken on grill rack; grill chicken 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken into slices. Serve with pineapple salsa.