Jerk Chicken Burritos
A traditional jerk seasoning is a dry rub that's often used in grilling. It consists of several spices, such as allspice, cloves, chiles, and thyme. This jerk-style chicken is seasoned with a bottled marinade, omitting the hassle of preparing your own jerk-seasoning blend.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 299
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 27.3g
- Carbohydrate: 37.1g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 932mg
- Calcium: 75mg
- 3/4 cup spiced Caribbean jerk flavored 30-minute marinade (such as KC Masterpiece), divided
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 8 (8-inch) low-fat flour tortillas
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup marinade, 1/4 cup lime juice, pepper, and garlic in a large zip-top freezer bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- 2. Prepare grill.
- 3. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Coat chicken with cooking spray, and place on grill rack; grill 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- 4. Shred chicken with 2 forks, and place in a bowl. Combine remaining 1/4 cup marinade and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice; add to shredded chicken, tossing to coat.
- 5. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture evenly down center of each tortilla; top each evenly with black beans, cheese, and salsa. Fold in ends, and roll up tortillas. Place on a serving plate, seam sides down.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note