Jerk Chicken and Slaw
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 heads baby bok choy, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cube(s) shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 of a peeled, cored fresh pineapple, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoon(s) packed brown suger
- 2 teaspoon(s) all-purpose
- 2 teaspoon(s) jerk seasoning
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1. In a very large bowl combine bok choy, cabbage and pineapple. Combine cider vinegar and 2 teaspoons of the brown sugar. Drizzle over bok choy mixture; toss to coat. Set aside.
- 2. In a large, resealable plastic bag combine the remaining 2 teaspoons of the brown sugar, the flour, and jerk seasoning. Add chicken; shake well to coat. Cook over medium heat on a lightly greased grill pan or 12-inch heavy skillet for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until no pink remains (170 degrees F). Remove chicken to cutting board.
- 3. Slice chicken. Serve chicken with pineapple slaw. Makes 4 servings.
- Nutrition Facts (Jerk Chicken and Slaw) Servings Per Recipe 4,
- Calories 205,
- Protein (gm) 29,
- Carbohydrate (gm) 19,
- Fat, total (gm) 2,
- Cholesterol (mg) 66,
- Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 3,
- Sugar, total (gm) 13,
- Vitamin A (IU) 60,
- Vitamin C (mg) 1,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 14,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1,
- Folate (µg) 109,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0,
- Sodium (mg) 318,
- Potassium (mg) 773,
- Calcium (DV %) 172,
- Iron (DV %) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sweetnlow257 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note