This was delicious with just the right amount of heat. Just as delicious (and maybe a little spicier) when reheated.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Stand: 30 Minutes
Grill: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (2 1/2- to 3-lb.) cut-up whole chickens
- 1 fresh lime, cut in half
- 1 (11-oz.) jar Jamaican jerk seasoning*
- Garnish: lime slices
- 1. Stir together first 4 ingredients. Arrange chicken pieces, skin sides down, in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with seasoned salt mixture. Squeeze juice from lime over chicken. Spread jerk seasoning on both sides of chicken. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 8 to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- 2. Light one side of grill, heating to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat; leave other side unlit. Arrange chicken over unlit side, and grill, covered with grill lid, 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 170°. Garnish, if desired.
- *1 (8-oz.) bottle liquid Jamaican jerk marinade may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes