Very good!! Need to figure out a way to make it a bit more crispy and it'd be amazing! Love the spice.
- 3 scallions including green tops, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 4 whole chicken legs
- 1. In a food processor or blender, puree all the ingredients except the chicken legs. Put the chicken in a large roasting pan and coat with the pureed mixture. Let the chicken marinate for about 30 minutes.
- 2. Heat the oven to 450°. Cook the chicken legs in the upper third of the oven for 15 minutes. Turn the legs over and cook until just done, about 15 minutes longer.
- Menu Suggestions: Corn bread, rice and beans (or just plain rice), or corn on the cob would all taste great with this highly spiced chicken. Fried plantains are another appropriate accompaniment.
- Test-Kitchen Tip: The longer you can marinate the chicken legs, the more the flavor will penetrate the meat. We've suggested thirty minutes, but you can marinate the chicken for up to twenty-four hours.
- Wine Recommendation: The strong flavors in this recipe will be best with a refreshing wine that combines low alcohol and good acidity. Try a slightly chilled Beaujolais from France. Or open a cold bottle of a light-bodied beer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes