Jep's Meatloaf Choice
Community Recipe from
- Jep's Meatloaf Choice
- Pin It
- Makes 6 servings * 2 loaf pans (9x5 inches each)
- 3 pounds hamburger meat
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, finally chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, finally chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Duck Commander Cajun Seasoning (mild or zesty)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers, crushed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce, for topping
- 4 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together (with your hands) the meat, celery, onion, garlic, bell pepper, eggs, Cajun seasoning, black pepper, tomato paste, milk, and 2 cups of the crushed crackers. Divide between 2 loaf pans. Spread tomato sauce on the top of each loaf. Sprinkle the remaining crushed crackers on top of the sauce. Top the loaves with the bacon.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until set and the juices run clear when the meatloaf is poked with a fork. Let cool a little before slicing.
- A Note from Miss Kay
- Meatloaf was a standard meal when we were growing up because it's economical yet still a great choice for dinner. Jep has always been my "meatloaf lover" and can't wait for me to make it. You can serve it with potatoes of any kind and a simple salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by affj1159 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Jep's Meatloaf Choice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes