Jep's Best Baked Beans
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Jep's Best Baked Beans
- Pin It
- Makes 8 servings * Microwave * 9x13-inch casserole dish
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) pork and beans (I use Van Camp's)
- 1 Vidalia onion, finally chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (either light or dark is okay)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce (I use Cattlemen's)
- 1/2 cup Johnnie Fair syrup (okay to use corn syrup)
- 6 slices bacon
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the beans, onions, sugar, mustard, BBQ sauce, and syrup and pour into the casserole.
- Cook the bacon for 2 minutes in the microwave. Put on top of the beans.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until bubbly and slightly thickened.
- A Note from Miss Kay
- This recipe makes repeated appearances in our family; it's a great one to serve with hamburgers.
- - back to top -
This recipe is a personal recipe added by affj1159 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Jep's Best Baked Beans Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables