Jen's Pulled Pork
Diet cola is used in this recipe because it is less sweet in flavor. There's no right or wrong amount of sauce to use...simply stir in as much as you'd like. You can also add sliced jalapenos, minced garlic or sautéed onions and green peppers.
- 1 (3 to 4-lb.) boneless pork loin roast, halved
- 1 (2-ltr.) bottle diet cola
- 2 (28-oz.) bottles honey barbecue sauce
- 8 to 10 hamburger buns, split
- Place roast into a 5-quart slow cooker; add cola. Cover and cook on high setting one hour; reduce heat to low setting and cook, fat-side up, 10 to 12 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker; remove and discard any fat. Discard cooking liquids; clean and wipe slow cooker with a paper towel. Shred pork and return to slow cooker; add barbecue sauce to taste. Cover and cook on low setting one more hour or until heated through. Add more sauce, if desired. Serve on buns.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note