Jenny's Chicken Salad from Red Eyed Mule Restaurant
Community Recipe from
- 6 cup(s) water divided
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) kosher salt
- 2 1/2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed
- 2 sprig(s) fresh rosemary
- salt & pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup(s) black seedless grapes halved
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup(s) diced celery
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh tarragon
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in sugar & salt. Stir until sugar & salt dissolve.
- Pour seasoned water into a large bowl. Add remaining 4 cups water, chicken breasts and rosemary. Cover & refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Drain chicken & pat dry. Discard brine. Season chicken on all sides with salt & pepper. Heat a large skillet over high heat, adding just enough oil to lightly coat bottom of the pan. Brown chicken on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Do not crowd skillet. As chicken browns, move it to the prepared baking sheet. When all chicken has browned, put baking sheet in oven. Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from oven; allow to cool. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces & put in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise, grapes, pecans, celery & tarragon. Toss to combine thoroughly. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Jenny's Chicken Salad from Red Eyed Mule Restaurant Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes