- 1 (6-ounce) package zwieback toast, crushed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 (16-ounce) carton commercial sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make It
Combine toast crumbs, 1 cup sugar, cinnamon, and butter, mixing well. Firmly press mixture into bottom and halfway up sides of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add 3/4 cup sugar and flour, mixing well. Add egg yolks, sour cream, lemon rind, juice, and vanilla; mix well.
Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture.
Pour cheese mixture into crust. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°; bake one hour and 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Loosely cover, and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of Springform pan before serving.