Jelly Doughnuts (Sufganiyout)
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 2 Minutes
- 1 (25-oz.) package frozen bread roll dough, thawed according to package directions
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 cup seedless raspberry jam*
- Powdered sugar
- 1. Place rolls 2 inches apart on 2 lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, according to package directions.
- 2. Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350°. Fry rolls, in batches, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until fully cooked and golden brown. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.
- 3. Whisk together granulated sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add warm doughnuts to sugar mixture, tossing to coat. Let cool completely on wire rack (about 15 minutes).
- 4. Make a small slit in side of each doughnut, using a paring knife. Place jelly in a zip-top plastic freezer bag (do not seal). Snip 1 corner of bag to make a small hole. Pipe jelly into each doughnut. Dust with powdered sugar.
- *Strawberry jelly may be substituted.
- Note: We tested with Bridgford Easy to Bake Parkerhouse Style Rolls frozen bread dough.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note