Community Recipe from
- 2 whole(s) medium sized grapefruit
- 3 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) sugar for coating
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 2 piece(s) 3 oz pouches liquid fruit pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red food coloring
- Line 13 x 9 baking pan lined with non-stick foil, extended over ends of pan
- Remove enough zest from grapefruit to measure ¼ C. Juice the grapefruit for 1 C juice.
- Put zest, 1 C sugar, and ¼ C of juice in a blender, puree. Pour into a 6-qt saucepan. Stir in remaining 2 ½ C sugar, and ¾ C juice. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mix comes to a boil.
- Let boil gently for 4 min, stir ocassionally. Stir in butter, boil 3 min longer, stir occasionally. Remove from heat stir in pectin and food color until incorporated and color is light red. Quickly pour into prepared pan and spread with spatula.
- Let stand at room temp until jelly is firm to the touch. Put 1 C sugar on wax paper or plate lift foil by ends onto cutting board. Cut into bells with cookie cutter. Lift shapes from foil to sgar and turn to coat all sides. Scraps can be cut into small shapes and sugared or discarded. Store in airtight container with wax paper between layers in fridge for up to 3 weeks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Drag0nWing and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Jelly Bells Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Candy
More Recipes for Main Dishes