Jelly Bean Thumbprint Cookies
Jelly beans make a fun middle for these classic vanilla thumbprint cookies.
More From Oxmoor House
Chill: 8 Hours
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Assorted jelly beans
- Additional powdered sugar
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 2/3 cup sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Cover and chill dough 8 hours.
- Shape dough into 1" balls, and place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press thumb into each cookie to make an indentation.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 13 minutes. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets; remove to wire racks. Make thumbprint indentations again while cookies are still warm; let cookies cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/3 cup powdered sugar and heavy cream in a small bowl; stir with a fork until smooth. Spoon icing into a zip-top freezer bag; cut a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag, and squirt a small amount of icing into indentation in each cookie. Press jelly beans into center of each cookie. Let set. Dust cookies with powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note