- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups hot beef broth
- 4 1/2 cups chopped, cooked roast beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
How to Make It
Line a lightly oiled 9- x 5- x 3- inch loaf pan with sliced eggs, and set aside.
Combine gelatin and beef broth in a large mixing bowl, stirring until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in roast beef, onion, celery, green pepper, salt, pepper, and hot sauce; spoon mixture into prepared loaf pan. Cover and chill overnight.
To serve, unmold onto lettuce-lined platter and slice.