Absolutely wonderful! I couln't find the strozzapreti pasta, so I used penne rigate.
"Jefferson" Virginia Ham Pasta
Our nod to the Virginia wine country and Thomas Jefferson's love of pasta.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 2 (8.8-oz.) packages strozzapreti pasta
- 1/4 pound country ham, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces assorted wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Viognier or dry white wine
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, sauté ham in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 2 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Add shallots; sauté 1 minute. Add mushrooms and garlic, and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in wine, and cook 5 minutes or until reduced by half.
- 3. Add peas, next 4 ingredients, and 1/2 cup cheese, stirring until cheese begins to melt and cream begins to thicken. Stir in hot cooked pasta, and toss until coated. Serve immediately with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
We tested with Jefferson Vineyards Viognier.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note