1. Heat Water to boiling in a large pan. Add thebouillon cubes and dissolve.
2. Cut the onions into thin slices, then quarter the slices. Add to the broth.
3. Add salt and pepper
4. Bring the mixture back to boiling, turn heat down and simmer uncovered for 1 hour.
5. While stirring, sift the flour into the soup. Continue to stir if any large lumps of flour develop. Be careful when you stir, aggressive agitation or stirring with a whisk may tear the onions apart. As the soup cooks, the lumps should dissolve.
6. After 30 minutes of addtional simmering, add the cream and 1 cup of the Cheddar Cheese. Continue to simmer the soup for another 5 to 10 minutes.
7. Serve the soup hot after adding a tablespoon each of shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar on top.
Go to full version of