Jeff's Outback Soup
- 8 cup(s) Water
- 1/4 cup(s) Monterey Jack Cheese Shredded
- 8 cube(s) Beef Bouillon
- 3 Medium White Onions
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup(s) Heavy Cream
- 1 1/4 cup(s) Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1. Heat Water to boiling in a large pan. Add thebouillon cubes and dissolve.
- 2. Cut the onions into thin slices, then quarter the slices. Add to the broth.
- 3. Add salt and pepper
- 4. Bring the mixture back to boiling, turn heat down and simmer uncovered for 1 hour.
- 5. While stirring, sift the flour into the soup. Continue to stir if any large lumps of flour develop. Be careful when you stir, aggressive agitation or stirring with a whisk may tear the onions apart. As the soup cooks, the lumps should dissolve.
- 6. After 30 minutes of addtional simmering, add the cream and 1 cup of the Cheddar Cheese. Continue to simmer the soup for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- 7. Serve the soup hot after adding a tablespoon each of shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by npursley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note