Jeff's Crab Cakes
- 1 teaspoon(s) bay seasoning
- 1/2 cup(s) celery, minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup(s) fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 pound(s) jumbo lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, more if needed
- 1/4 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the crabmeat, red pepper, onion, scallions, celery, parsley, and garlic. In a small bowl, stir together the egg, mustard, lemon juice, bay seasoning and Worcestershire. Gently fold this mixture into the crabmeat mixture; then add 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs, mixing with a light touch just until combined.
- Form 8 patties approx 1/2" thick, using 1/2 cup of the crabmeat mixture for each. Coat the patties with the remaining bread crumbs and place them on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium heat. Add 4 of the crab cakes at a time. Cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Adjust the heat as you cook so that the fat maintains a steady, gentle sizzle. Gently flip the crab cakes with a spatula and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Serve hot, garnished with lime or lemon wedges, and with Joe's Stone Crab sauce if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Pediwent and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note