Javanese Sambal with Grilled Shrimp
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 221
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 288mg
- Cholesterol: 174mg
- 1 cup sweetened flaked or shredded dried coconut
- 6 fresh serrano chilies (about 1 1/2 oz. total), stemmed, seeded, deveined, and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pound (26 to 30 per lb.) peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1. In a food processor, whirl coconut, chilies, anchovy paste, garlic, and lime juice until coconut and chilies are minced; scrape container sides frequently.
- 2. Rinse and drain shrimp. Thread onto 4 flat metal skewers (10 to 14 in.).
- 3. Place shrimp on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of medium-hot coals or on a gas grill set at medium-hot (you can hold your hand at grill level only 3 to 4 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook shrimp, turning once, until bright pink and opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 3 to 5 minutes total.
- 4. Transfer shrimp to a platter. Serve with sambal paste to add to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes