Jasmine Rice Salad
Yield: 12 servings
- 3 cups jasmine rice
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce with garlic
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 bunches green onions
- 2 large carrots, cut into thin strips
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- Place rice in a wire-mesh strainer; rinse with cold water.
- Sauté garlic and shallots in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until tender. Add 6 cups water, rice, and salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Whisk together rice wine vinegar and next 4 ingredients; pour over rice mixture, tossing gently.
- Cut green onions in 1-inch lengths; cut into thin strips. Add onions, carrot, and bell pepper to rice mixture; toss gently. Cover and chill up to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads