Jasmine-Buttermilk-Panna Cotta with Berry Sauce
The key to making these easy desserts is to soften the unflavored gelatin in cold water before dissolving in a hot liquid.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (3-inch) orange peel strip, white part removed
- 3 regular-size jasmine tea bags
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cups whole buttermilk
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- Berry Sauce
- 1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine cream and next 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Split vanilla bean; scrape seeds into cream mixture, and place bean in mixture.
- 3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or just until mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat; immediately stir in gelatin mixture until smooth. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 4. Discard tea bags and vanilla bean. Stir in buttermilk and salt. Strain into a heatproof glass measuring cup. Divide among 8 (6-oz.) glasses. Cover and chill 24 hours. Serve with Berry Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This