Jase's Favorite Sweet Potato Pie
Community Recipe from
- sweet potatoes
- Jase's Favorite Sweet Potato Pie
- Pin It
- Makes 2 (9-inch) pies
- 3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) butter, softened
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk (I use Pet)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) piecrusts, homemade or store-bought, unbaked
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- To get 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes, boil about 2 1/4 pounds whole sweet potatoes with the skin on for about 40 minutes, until they are soft. Drain, let cool until you can handle them, and remove the skin, Mash the potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Let them mostly cool.
- Beat in the sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, butter, milk, and vanilla. Pour into the unbaked piecrusts.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the oven heat to 300°F. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes more, until the filling is set and no longer wobbly in the center.
- A Note from Miss Kay
- At our house, this is one of Jase's favorites, so if you're not right by the oven when the pie comes out, watch out! It might disappear before you get a bite!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by affj1159 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Jase's Favorite Sweet Potato Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries