Jarods Potato Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bag(s) potatoes (5) lbs peeled/ cubed into 1/2'
- 1 1/2 block(s) Velveeta Cheese cubed into 1/2' cubes
- 1 whole(s) yellow or white onion chopped coarsely
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) Black Pepper to taste
- 6 + cup(s) water enough to cover potatoes
- 1 1/4 cup(s) 2% milk
- 4 whole(s) dried oregano leaves crushed
- fill a stock pot 1/2 full of water and bring to a boil.
- Cube potatoes and place in water.
- Water level should be just covering potatoes.
- Cover with just enough water to cover potatoes. when potatoes are merging in to the water and are almost mush, approximately 17 minutes.
- Place chopped onion into pot and boil 5 more minutes. Onions should be translucent. Turn off pot and slowly stir in Velveeta cubes and milk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 4 oregano leaves that are rubbed and crushed by hand to release oils.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by piercifer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note