- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 10 to 12 ounces nigari tofu*, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 16 small fresh shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, cut into 1 1/2-in. lengths
- 12 ounces dried soba noodles
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- calories 595
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- protein 23 g
- fat 19 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- carbohydrate 85 g
- fiber 2.2 g
- sodium 1900 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°).
Mix soy sauce, mirin, and sesame oil in a bowl. Add tofu and marinate 10 minutes.
Heat a large pot of water to boiling. In a bowl, toss mushrooms in oil to coat.
Drain tofu, reserving marinade. Slip cubes onto 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternating with green onions and mushrooms. Thinly slice any leftover onion.
Boil noodles in water until al dente, 4 minutes. Drain; rinse well with cold water. Divide noodles among dinner bowls and garnish with radishes and sliced onion.
Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels. Grill tofu skewers, covered, turning once, until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Set skewers on noodles.
Mix marinade with broth, wasabi, lemon zest, and juice and serve on the side.
*Buy nigari in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per skewer plus 1/4 of noodles.