This doesn't work. Maybe if the radish and cucumber were sliced like matchsticks but I doubt it. I love sunomono but this is an uninspired version.
Japanese-Style Cucumber and Radish Salad
Inspired by sunomono, a Japanese salad often made with sliced cucumber and daikon radish, this variation is a refreshing no-cook option to serve alongside grilled salmon or teriyaki-style chicken skewers.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 39
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 3.2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 14mg
- Calcium: 106mg
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 8 sliced radishes (about 4 ounces)
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine onion, radishes, and English cucumber in a medium bowl.
- Combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl; stir until blended. Drizzle vinegar mixture over cucumber mixture, tossing to coat. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Japanese-Style Cucumber and Radish Salad Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This