Japanese Salad Dressing
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 Medium-sized carrots cut in about 1 inch chunks
- 1 piece(s) 2 inch chunk of fresh ginger peel and cut into discs
- 1 piece(s) shallot (or 1/4 cup onion) minced
- 1/4 cup(s) peanut oil (canola or vegetable is fine)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Asian (dark) Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 4 teaspoon(s) Miso paste optional, for flavor
- 2 teaspoon(s) Mirin optional, for flavor
- 3 tablespoon(s) unseasoned Rice Vinegar or 1-1/2 T white wine vinegar
- Place carrots, ginger, shallot, rice vinegar, peanut oil, sesame oil, sugar in food processor. Pulse with bottom blade until well combined, but still lumpy.
- Add Miso, Mirin, and 1/4 cup of water. Puree until fairly smooth.
- If dressing is too thick, you can add more water 1-2 tablespoons at a time and reblend, until you get the desired consistency.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mambaza and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note