- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced peeled carrots (about 2 medium)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 slices ginger (each 1/4 in. thick)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 pound frozen chicken gyoza (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 ounces mung bean sprouts
- 4 thinly sliced green onions
- calories 227
- caloriesfromfat 44 %
- protein 12 g
- fat 11 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- fiber 3.3 g
- sodium 1285 mg
- cholesterol 21 mg
How to Make It
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium pot. Add carrots and sauté until beginning to soften, about 7 minutes. Season with pepper.
Add broth and ginger to pot, raise heat to high, and bring to a boil. Add fresh peas, if using; cook 2 minutes. Add gyoza to broth and return to a boil. Stir in soy sauce.
Cook gyoza until almost tender to the bite, 2 to 3 minutes (see Notes). Add frozen peas, if using; then cook 1 minute more. Remove ginger slices. Season soup to taste with pepper and stir in parsley. Ladle soup into shallow bowls, top with bean sprouts and green onions, and serve.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.