Japanese Chicken Donburi
A donburi is a Japanese recipe featuring boiled rice topped with meat, fish or eggs, vegetables and broth and often served wtih spicy condiments. This mild-flavored chicken version is flavored with ginger and soy sauce.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 539
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Protein: 29g
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 86g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 1172mg
- Cholesterol: 192mg
- 2 teaspoons salad oil
- 1 onion (6 oz.), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 pound boned, skinned chicken breast, rinsed and cut into 1/4
- 6 cups (about 6 oz.) baby spinach leaves, rinsed and drained
- 3 large eggs
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a deep 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, stir oil, onion, and ginger until onion is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Add broth, soy sauce, and sugar. Add chicken strips to pan. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Add spinach, cover, and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat eggs to blend.
- 4. Reduce heat to low, evenly distribute mixture in pan, and pour in eggs. With a spatula, push vegetables aside slightly so egg mixture can flow down through sauce. Cover and cook just until eggs are softly set, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile, spoon rice into bowls. Top equally with egg-spinach mixture, including juices. Sprinkle with tomato.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This