- 2 teaspoons salad oil
- 1 onion (6 oz.), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 pound boned, skinned chicken breast, rinsed and cut into 1/4
- 6 cups (about 6 oz.) baby spinach leaves, rinsed and drained
- 3 large eggs
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- calories 539
- caloriesfromfat 13 %
- protein 29 g
- fat 7.6 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- carbohydrate 86 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- sodium 1172 mg
- cholesterol 192 mg
How to Make It
In a deep 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, stir oil, onion, and ginger until onion is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
Add broth, soy sauce, and sugar. Add chicken strips to pan. Bring to a boil.
Add spinach, cover, and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat eggs to blend.
Reduce heat to low, evenly distribute mixture in pan, and pour in eggs. With a spatula, push vegetables aside slightly so egg mixture can flow down through sauce. Cover and cook just until eggs are softly set, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
Meanwhile, spoon rice into bowls. Top equally with egg-spinach mixture, including juices. Sprinkle with tomato.