Amazing recipe! I make this monthly and it always turns out great.
Jan's Roasted Chicken
Dinner doesn't get any easier than a 5-ingredient roasted chicken. And if you have chicken left over, you can use it in soups, salads, or sandwiches.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Rub chicken and cavities with 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper.
- Tuck chicken wings under; tie legs together with string, if desired. Pour remaining 1 tablespoon oil into a large cast-iron skillet; place chicken, breast side up, in skillet.
- Place 1 rosemary sprig and 2 lemon quarters into neck cavity of chicken; repeat in lower cavity. Place remaining rosemary sprig underneath skin.
- Bake at 450° for 30 minutes; reduce heat to 350°, and bake 1 hour. Serve with Jan's Roasted Potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes