Janet's Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 pound(s) cubed, peeled butternut squash Approx 4 cups
- 1 1/2 pound(s) sweet potato, peeled & cubed Approx 3 cups
- 2 medium shallots peeled cut into quarters
- 1 large apple (i.e. Delicious) peeled & cubed
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 5 cup(s) fat-free, less sodium veg broth (can also use chicken)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 cup(s) half-and-half
- 2 teaspoon(s) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground nutmeg
- 1. Preheat oven to 375.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large jelly roll pan; toss well. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool 10 minutes.
- 3. Place half of squash mixture and half of broth in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large saucepan. Repeat procedure with remaining squash mixture and broth. Stir in salt, brown sugar and half and half. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 4. Pour into bowls and sprinkle with grated nutmeg.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 22Janet and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Janet's Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes