Jan's Chocolate Cake (My Fav)
Don't tell the kids it has coffee in it...they'll never know!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 3/4 cup(s) flour measure after sifting
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup(s) strong black coffee cooled
- 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk room temp
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 cup(s) margarine softened
- 2 ounce(s) unsweetened chocolate melted and cooled
- 3 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) milk more, if needed
- 1 teaspoon(s) almond flavoring
- 1) Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large mixer bowl.
- 2) Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
- 3) Beat at medium speed on mixer for approx. 2 minutes...batter will be thin.
- 4) Pour into a greased and floured 9-inch X 13-inch pan OR two greased and floured 9-inch cake pans.
- 5) Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 to 40 minutes in 9" X 12" pan; 30 to 40 minutes for cake pans.
- 6) Combine frosting ingredients, using a hand mixer or stand mixer. Spread on cooled cake(s).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by janoquin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note