Jan's Chocolate Cake (My Fav)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 3/4 cup(s) flour measure after sifting
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup(s) strong black coffee cooled
- 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk room temp
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 cup(s) margarine softened
- 2 ounce(s) unsweetened chocolate melted and cooled
- 3 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) milk more, if needed
- 1 teaspoon(s) almond flavoring
- 1) Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large mixer bowl.
- 2) Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
- 3) Beat at medium speed on mixer for approx. 2 minutes...batter will be thin.
- 4) Pour into a greased and floured 9-inch X 13-inch pan OR two greased and floured 9-inch cake pans.
- 5) Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 to 40 minutes in 9" X 12" pan; 30 to 40 minutes for cake pans.
- 6) Combine frosting ingredients, using a hand mixer or stand mixer. Spread on cooled cake(s).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by janoquin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note