Jameson Walnut Tart
Recipe adapted from Lulu's Chocolate Bar in Savannah, GA, from "Savannah Chef's Table" by Lee Fowler. "Cooking, Savannah Style: Renowned food writer brings Southern expertise to Winston-Salem" by Michael Hastings, Winston-Salem Journal: Wednesday, May 28, 2013.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- For the crust:
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- For the caramel layer:
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) corn syrup
- 2 teaspoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- For the filling:
- 1 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup(s) light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon(s) (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut up
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoon(s) Jameson Irish Whiskey (or other whiskey)
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1. To make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the melted butter, sugar, salt and vanilla. Add the flour and stir until blended. Press into a fluted 9-inch tart pan. Bake 15 minutes or until just starting to turn golden. Remove it from the oven and let cool.
- 2. To make the caramel layer: Combine the water, sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Swirl occasionally until sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat to medium and cook until sugar is a deep golden-amber color, brushing down the sides of the pan with a pastry brush dipped in water as necessary to keep the caramel from crystallizing. Immediately add the butter and whisk until smooth, then whisk in the cream slowly and carefully as it will bubble vigorously. Pour the caramel into the prepared tart crust and refrigerate until the caramel is set.
- 3. To finish the tart: Sprinkle half of the walnuts and all the chocolate into the crust on top of the caramel. Combine the corn syrup, both sugars, butter, eggs, whiskey, vanilla and salt. Whisk until smooth and glossy. Pour the mixture carefully into crust and top with the remaining walnuts. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until nearly set in the center when jiggled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note