Jambalaya with Red Beans and Rice Slow Cooker
From Pillsbury Slow Cooker Cook Book Nutritional Information 1 Serving: Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4g); Cholesterol 130mg; Sodium 900mg; Total Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 4g); Protein 28g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 30%; Calcium 8%; Iron 30% Exchanges: 3 1/2 Starch; 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 3/4lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, quartered
- 1clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1green bell pepper, chopped
- 2dried bay leaves
- 1can (15.5 oz) Green Giant red beans, drained, rinsed
- 1can (6 oz) Muir Glen organic tomato paste
- 1can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1package (12 oz) frozen cooked deveined peeled small shrimp, thawed
- 1/2lb cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved lengthwise, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4cups uncooked instant white rice
- 4cups water
- Red pepper sauce, if desired
- 1.In 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, layer all ingredients in order listed, except shrimp, sausage, rice, water and pepper sauce.
- 2.Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- 3.About 10 minutes before serving, gently stir shrimp and sausage into chicken mixture. Remove and discard bay leaves. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes longer or until shrimp and sausage are hot.
- 4.Meanwhile, cook rice in water as directed on package. Serve meat mixture over rice. Serve with pepper sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Jambalaya with Red Beans and Rice Slow Cooker Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes