- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces frozen, peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
How to Make It
Remove MORNINGSTAR FARMS VEGGIE ITALIAN STYLE SAUSAGE links from package. Place on microwave-safe plate. Loosely cover and cook on MEDIUM-HIGH (70% power) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until partially thawed, rearranging links and turning over after 1 minute. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Set aside.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet cook onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in 2 cups broth, undrained tomatoes, rice, Italian seasoning and red pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
Stir in shrimp and sausage pieces. If mixture appears dry, stir in 1/4 cup broth. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque and rice is tender.