Shrimp and rice dish, with a creole flavour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) allspice
- 1 package(s) shrimp, raw and shelled
- 1/2 cup(s) ham diced
- 2 onions, large diced
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 green pepper diced
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) tobasco
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 2 cup(s) white rice not minute rice
- salt & pepper
- In large pot, stir fry ham, garlic and onions until onions are soft (but not brown). Add green pepper, tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, thyme, tabasco, worcestershire. Bring to a boil. Slowly stir in rice and bring back to a boil. Cover and simmer slowly until rice is tender and all liquid absorbed, about 30-45 mins.
- Meanwhile, stir fry shrimp with allspice until just cooked.
- When rice mixture is done, stir in shrimp. Add more tabasco, salt and pepper as needed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sinjinsmith and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note