Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 12 ounce(s) andouille or kielbasi cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 3 cup(s) onions chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) green peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) red peppers chopped
- 1 pound(s) boneless chicken cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound(s) ham cubed
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon(s) cajun seasoning or (Emeril's Essence)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne
- 1 can(s) 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 carton(s) 320z chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) white rice
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottom Dutch oven over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until sausage is well browned. Add onions and peppers; cook until vegetables are caramelized, about 10-15 minutes. Add chicken, ham, garlic,bay leaves, Cajun seasoning and cayenne; cook about 8 minutes, stirring often. Add tomatoes, chicken broth and rice. Cover and cook over medium heat 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed. Remove bay leaves and serve.
- Emeril's Essence
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight container.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ellynint and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Jambalaya Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes