Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked ham or chicken
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 7 minutes or until sausage is browned. Stir in onion and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add beef broth, 1/4 cup water, and rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Add ham and tomatoes, and cook, uncovered, 5 to 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Conecuh Original Smoked Sausage for smoked sausage.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes