More From Southern Living
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked ham or chicken
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 7 minutes or until sausage is browned. Stir in onion and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add beef broth, 1/4 cup water, and rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Add ham and tomatoes, and cook, uncovered, 5 to 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Conecuh Original Smoked Sausage for smoked sausage.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note