If tasso isn't available, substitute smoked ham and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 4 ounces tasso, cubed
- 2 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking rice
- Sauté tasso and chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove with a slotted spoon, and reserve drippings in skillet.
- Add celery, onion, and bell pepper to reserved drippings; sauté until tender. Add chicken broth and diced tomatoes; simmer 15 minutes.
- Add rice, tasso, and chicken. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note