- 1 (16-ounce) package spicy hickory-smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pound unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
How to Make It
Brown sausage in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings in pan. Add onion and bell pepper, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 more minute.
Add rice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and next 3 ingredients.
Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
Stir in shrimp and green onions; cook 2 to 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.