Fabulous!! we substituted worchestershire for soy sauce and ommitted ginger and liquid smoke, as we cooked on charcoal and had the smoky flavor
Jamaican Ribs with Sticky Rum BBQ Sauce
Get a taste of the islands by seasoning the baby back ribs with spicy jerk seasoning, marinating in rum, and basting with a tangy brown sugar and rum sauce.
More From Coastal Living
- 2 (2-pound) racks baby back pork ribs
- 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning blend
- 1 cup dark or spiced rum
- Sticky Rum BBQ Sauce
- 1. Rinse and pat ribs dry. If desired, remove thin membranes from backs of ribs, using a paper towel for a better grip. (This will make ribs more tender.) Rub ribs evenly with jerk seasoning.
- 2. Pour rum in a shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag; add ribs, turning to coat. Cover or seal, and chill 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- 3. Light 1 side of grill, heating to medium heat (325° to 350°). Place a drip pan beneath unlit side. Remove ribs from marinade, let drain quickly, and place on grate above drip pan. Grill (with lid closed), turning occasionally, 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until ribs are browned and tender and meat has shrunk back from bones.
- 4. Brush ribs with 1/2 cup Sticky Rum BBQ Sauce, and grill 15 more minutes. Serve with additional sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note