We had this for dinner tonight and substituted the snapper with salmon. Excellent!
Jamaican Red Snapper with Pan-Fried Banana
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 614
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 43g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 170mg
- Sodium: 824mg
- 1 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 to 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds small red snapper or grey sole fillets
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil,for frying
- 4 firm bananas
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a shallow bowl, toss together bread crumbs, five-spice powder, thyme, allspice, salt and cayenne. In a second shallow bowl, beat eggs with a fork. Turn fish fillets one at a time in crumbs, then dip them in beaten eggs to coat and then coat again with crumb mixture; place on a plate.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. oil over medium heat until hot. Add half of fish and cook until golden and crisp on bottom, 2 to 3 minutes; turn and cook until crisp on other side, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer fish to a plate and keep in a warm oven while you repeat with remaining fish and 2 Tbsp. more oil.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Slice bananas 1/3-inch thick and pan-fry until golden on both sides, about 4 minutes. Serve bananas and lime wedges with fish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note