Jamaican Jerk-Style Marinade
If you have a blender of a food processor, this marinade comes together in two shakes. It’s great on pork and chicken. Marinate for 4 to 12 hours in the refrigerator. Serve with lots of rice, greens and salsa. Recipe by Katie Workman, author of The Mom 100 Cookbook and creator of themom100.com blog - July 14, 2013
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- Generous pinch(s) nutmeg (optional)
- Put the vegetable oil, lime juice, scallions, garlic, jalapeno, allspice, ginger, brown sugar, salt and pepper (and nutmeg if using) in a bowl or a jar with a lid. Whisk or shake to combine well. Or, pulse in a food processor or blender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note