Jamaican Jerk Pork with Black Beans
Yield: 4 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 452
- Calories from fat: 8%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrate: 67.6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 414mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup canned no-salt-added chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/3 cup spicy pepper sauce (like Pickapeppa)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Trim fat from tenderloin; cut tenderloin into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Combine thyme, allspice, and ground red pepper. Sprinkle half of spice mixture over pork slices. Coata large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add pork; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium-high; add 1 cup onion and next 3 ingredients, and saute until crisp-tender. Add remaining spice mixture, broth, and next 3 ingredients. Arrange pork over bean mixture. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until pork is tender. Stir in lime juice; sprinkle with green onions.
- Combine rice and turmeric; toss well. Serve pork mixture over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes