- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Spice Islands Curry Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands Allspice, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands, Ginger, ground
- Several grinds sea salt & black pepper grinder
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 cups peeled and diced (1/2-inch) potatoes
How to Make It
Place chicken in a medium bowl. Combine lime juice and water; pour over chicken. Toss chicken to 'wash' well; drain.
Cut chicken into 2-inch cubes; place in mixing bowl. Add curry powder, garlic, allspice, ginger, salt and pepper. Toss until chicken is evenly seasoned. Stir in scallions. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
Heat oil in large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté 7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Add potatoes and enough water to cover 1-inch. Cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 to 30 minutes until potatoes are tender. Remove lid last 10 minutes of cooking.
Serve on top of steamed rice with Mango Rum Chutney, sliced green onions and fresh lime, if desired.