Jam thumbprint cookies
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup(s) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) finely chopped walnuts
- jam or preserves
- Preheat oven to 375
- Separate eggs. Set aside
- Beat margarine or butter in a mixer bowl for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and salt. Beat till fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and almond extract.
- Add flour to butter mixture, beating till well combined. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls od dough in the slightly baten egg whites then in the chopped nuts.
- Arrange the shaped cookie on an ungreased cookie sheets. (if desired, form thumbprint now by pressing the center of each cookie with your thuimb. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 5 minutes.. Remove cookies from oven and press the center of each cookie leaving a thumbprint. Return cookies to the oven and bake for 7 more minutes.
- Remove to wire rack; cool. Fill each cookie with jam or preserves. Store in a singlr layer. Makes 30 cookies.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pmleicht51 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note