Jam thumbprint cookies
Community Recipe from
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup(s) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) finely chopped walnuts
- jam or preserves
- Preheat oven to 375
- Separate eggs. Set aside
- Beat margarine or butter in a mixer bowl for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and salt. Beat till fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and almond extract.
- Add flour to butter mixture, beating till well combined. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls od dough in the slightly baten egg whites then in the chopped nuts.
- Arrange the shaped cookie on an ungreased cookie sheets. (if desired, form thumbprint now by pressing the center of each cookie with your thuimb. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 5 minutes.. Remove cookies from oven and press the center of each cookie leaving a thumbprint. Return cookies to the oven and bake for 7 more minutes.
- Remove to wire rack; cool. Fill each cookie with jam or preserves. Store in a singlr layer. Makes 30 cookies.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pmleicht51 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes