- 1 recipe Sweet Tart Dough
- 2/3 to 1 1/3 cups fruit jam or preserves (such as peach, strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, or plum)
- Garnish: fresh fruit
- 1. Roll half of Sweet Tart Dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Place dough over 12 to 14 small greased (2 1/2- to 3-inch) tart pans, and gently press dough into pans. Repeat with remaining dough. Place pans on a baking sheet; cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°. Line tarts with foil, and fill with rice or pie weights. Bake at 425° for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of tarts begin to brown. Remove foil and weights.
- 3. Spread 1 to 2 teaspoons jam into each tart. Bake at 425° for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove from oven, and let cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Serve warm, or let cool completely. Garnish, if desired. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
- Note: You can also make tarts in miniature muffin tins. Roll dough as directed; cut into 2 1/4-inch squares. Press squares evenly into greased miniature muffin tins, rounding corners. Line and fill as directed in step 2, then bake at 425° for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove foil and weights. Fill each tart with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon jam. Bake at 425° for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool and serve or store as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers