These were a disaster.. 16 minute prep time turned into 30-35 minutes. The suggestion to just overlap and push down lightly did not work. The first batch opened up and I was left with a circle of dough with preserves on top - not pretty at all. I then tried wetting the dough slightly and pinching together.. little better but not like the picture. Worst of all, and maybe my mistake, I was expecting a cookie. These are more like biscuits with jelly. Would not recommend.
Four-ingredient gems with a flavorful burst of strawberry jam tucked inside, these little treats are the big attraction at the annual Kolache Festival. This Caldwell, Texas, event is more than 20 years old and is hosted by proud descendants of early Czechoslovakian immigrants to Central Texas.
More From Oxmoor House
Bake: 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Strawberry jam (about 1/2 cup)
- 1. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add fl our to butter mixture, beating well.
- 2. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut with a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Spoon 1/4 tsp. jam on each cookie. Fold opposite sides to center, slightly overlapping edges; press down lightly on centers.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note