- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb. fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed, or ground pork
- 18 large jalapeno peppers
- 4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in fry pan over medium heat, add onion, salt and cook until soft and translucent (68 min)
- Add chorizo/pork, crumbling with back of spoon until cooked through (57 min)
- Transfer to paper towel lined plate and let cool to room temp.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling over mediumhigh heat
- Cut 1/4 inch of top of each pepper, and using thin knife hollow out centers, removing seeds and ribs.
- Transfer chorizo mixture to small bowl, add cheese and combine.
- Stuff peppers with 12 Tbs of mixture, pressing down to fill the entire pepper.
- Place filled peppers in roaster, and grill over indirect heat, covered, until peppers are tender (2030 min).
- To test, insert knife into side of a pepper; if it pierces easily the peppers are done.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Wildcat1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Jalepeno Poppers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers