Jalapeño-Stuffed Burgers With Roasted Bell Pepper Ketchup
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Trinda Gage
- 1 (7.5-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground BEEF
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, minced, or 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles
- 4 hamburger buns
- Toppings: grilled purple onion slices, jalapeño pepper slices
- Process bell peppers, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt in a blender, stopping once to scrape down sides. Pour into a small saucepan, and cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until thickened.
- Combine ground beef and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; shape into 8 thin patties.
- Combine cream cheese and jalapeño pepper; divide evenly in center of 4 patties. (Do not spread to edges.) Top with remaining patties; press edges to seal.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Serve on buns with bell pepper ketchup and desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note