Jalapeño-Stuffed Burgers With Roasted Bell Pepper Ketchup
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Trinda Gage
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 (7.5-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground BEEF
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, minced, or 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles
- 4 hamburger buns
- Toppings: grilled purple onion slices, jalapeño pepper slices
- Process bell peppers, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt in a blender, stopping once to scrape down sides. Pour into a small saucepan, and cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until thickened.
- Combine ground beef and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; shape into 8 thin patties.
- Combine cream cheese and jalapeño pepper; divide evenly in center of 4 patties. (Do not spread to edges.) Top with remaining patties; press edges to seal.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Serve on buns with bell pepper ketchup and desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This